Thursday, April 23, 2015

eating all of the cookies & running all of 'em off


{infatuation nomming}


{first smorgasburg of the season}


{13.1}


{boston strong}

so, i'm moving to DC!  i had a really hard time actually accepting my job, which made me wonder if i actually wanted the job.  pouring over many pros and cons lists, i could not for the life of me figure out why i had such a hard time saying "yes." there are so many cool people living in DC that i'd love to catch up with!  it has a really interesting culture! the job is a great opportunity! it wasn't until i realized that the actual moving part of it was what was keeping me from jumping at the opportunity. i've gotten so used to my little space here in new york city that the prospect of leaving friends and familiarity became subconsciously overwhelming.

because waiting for job offers became the bane of my existence for the past 2 months, i decided to sign up for a half marathon to take my mind off the unknown.  obsess over something else, i can do. it was wonderful, and i finished, and i'm once again hooked on the running bug.  afterwards, i hopped on a 5 hour bus to boston and watched my brother run a 6 minute mile for 26.2 miles and it was a happy happy long weekend.

------------

now, a list for documentation's sake:

THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY: 
  • the awful but endearing new york city din that lovingly haunts my dreams 
  • the old man that looks like robert de niro that sits outside our stoop every afternoon with his ancient pug (actually, we're convinced he IS robert de niro, but wears a kippah to "disguise" himself... nice try)
  • being in a prime visiting city for friends new and old 
  • talking about how much i hate times square 
  • talking about how slow everyone walks 
  • the juice place that was visited way too often // the creepy sushi shop called "sushi sushi" right around the corner // living above the best italian restaurant in the UWS 
  • visiting my boyfriend in williamsburg, the trendiest borough on the face of the planet
THINGS I WILL NOT MISS ABOUT LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY: 
    • the awful but endearing new york city din that lovingly haunts my dreams 
    • the cold
    • and tourists 
    "everything you want is on the other side of fear." 
    - jack canfield 

    Design by | SweetElectric