Friday, December 20, 2013

first semester of grad school: check.



{white elephants}


{lower manhattan exploring}


{a columbia campus snow day}

it's officially holiday time in the city.  despite the cheer that currently exists on this tiny island, the past few days  have been a final exam blur of 40-page study guides and 10 pm coffee runs.  the only time i made it down to see the lights and decor was on the weekend before my birthday, when J and i had to walk through times square and i almost shot myself in the face because tourists now make me queasy.  we went to butter in midtown, and after asking the waiter if there was actually butter in every dish (and him not getting it... at all), i rushed myself right back uptown and set up fort in my study cave they call my room.

on another note, our last weekend before exams (practically ages ago) was spent white-elephant giving and union square holiday market perusing.  the perfect way to welcome in the season.

excited for my 80 degrees hometown tomorrow and a month of no work :) - but will miss this life we've put together. 

"don't judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times i fell down and got back up again."
- nelson mandela 

Design by | SweetElectric